[Histonet] CD4 and CD8 mouse tumor IHC, thanks..

gayle callis gayle.callis <@t> bresnan.net
Mon Dec 9 13:57:03 CST 2013

Another solution, and one we did almost exclusively for murine T and B cell
IHC was use biotinylated Rat anti mouse CD4 and CD8.   The isotype can be
purchased biotinylated from BD Bioscience/Invitrogen or you can buy Jacksons
Rat IgG-biotin.

This totally eliminates a secondary antibody hence anything rat will not be
detected.   A bonus is staining is much faster too.  We routinely did
Streptavidin/biotin block from Vector since Streptavidin has an affinity for
integrins in epithelial cells.    Our normal serum block with biotinylated
rat antimouse primaries is 10% goat or donkey serum + 2.5% mouse.   The
block is also the diluent for the primary antibody and isotype/IgG negative
control.   Rabbit serum and antibodies were avoided since the bunny is
sticky, and can cause more background.   My immunologist frowned on anything
using a rabbit host unless we couldn't avoid it.

Good luck
Gayle Callis
HTL/HT/MT(ASCP)