[Histonet] Discontinuing Negative Reagent Controls for IHC

Roger Heyna rheyna <@t> lumc.edu
Mon Dec 9 14:47:06 CST 2013

I am putting together a list of facilities that have discontinued the use of negative reagent controls for IHC. After the CAP revised the requirement related to negative controls when polymer-based detection systems are used, we decided to investigate whether discontinuing the negative controls would be possible for our lab. It would be helpful to know what labs have done this successfully. If the labs that have discontinued the use of negatives could just respond in an email, I would appreciate it.

Also, if anyone has any thoughts pertaining to this change, they're certainly welcome.

Thank you,
Roger
Maywood, IL