[Histonet] Issue with Henry's Wonder Wax Enhanced

McAnn, Sherrian Sherrian.McAnn <@t> va.gov
Tue Dec 3 13:01:46 CST 2013

 Sounds like it may be static...try giving the blocks a little water .
Put a little water in a small container on your cold plate and either
dip a gauze into the water and pat the block  just before cutting (
while in the chuck on the microtome) or place the block directly into
the cold water for a few sec./min. before putting on the chuck to cut.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Sandra
Cheasty
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 9:59 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Cc: lcalvo <@t> svm.vetmed.wisc.edu; langeteig <@t> svm.vetmed.wisc.edu; Barbara J
Reese
Subject: [Histonet] Issue with Henry's Wonder Wax Enhanced

Hello fellow Techs,

                Has anyone noticed a change in the Henry's Wonder Wax,
Enhanced? (Used for embedding, not infiltrating.) We have noticed that
it is a lot "stickier" when we are sectioning. (To our picks, forceps,
and fingers.) We have checked our temperatures, and all is well. I have
asked the company, but they have not replied.

                Can anyone recommend another embedding paraffin? (We
switched from Paraplast Plus about a year ago when we noticed changes
after the original manufacturer was bought out.)

Thank you, and have a safe food and family filled Thanksgiving!

Sandy

Sandra Cheasty

Histology & Necropsy Supervisor

UW-Madison, School of Veterinary Medicine