[Histonet] Nails falling off slides

McAnn, Sherrian Sherrian.McAnn <@t> va.gov
Tue Dec 3 12:44:56 CST 2013

nails or else they will get washed off slides.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jill Cox
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 7:48 AM
To: Histonet <@t> Lists. Edu
Subject: [Histonet] Nails falling off slides

Hi All,
I know this has been mentioned a few times but need some help with nails
falling off charged slides for H&E and PAS stains. I use Statlab nail
prep softener and also use the good charged slides. I heat them 2 times
for 25 minutes each. Is there an adhesive I can put on slide? Albumin?
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance..

Jill Cox HT, (ASCP)
Histology Manager
Arrowhead Dermatology
7747 W Deer Valley Rd Ste 250