AW: [Histonet] Uncertified Histotechs

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Fri Aug 23 08:27:19 CDT 2013

Gudrun

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von Sullivan,
Beatrice
Gesendet: Freitag, 23. August 2013 14:29
An: joelle weaver; Jon Hannasch; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Betreff: RE: [Histonet] Uncertified Histotechs

While I understand the need for certification and continuing education,
because of regulations it is very hard to even have your OJT's sit for their
certification. Recently I interviewed candidates for an open position at my
facility. One candidate in particular looked very good on paper. I brought
this person in for an interview. Candidate was certified by CAP as a Histo-
Technician. I always test their microtomy skills. Imagine my dismay when
after more than I hour this person had not produced one decent slide.
Needless to say the interview was pretty much over. Lesson here is that
letters after one's  name does not make a good Histo-Tech.

Beatrice Sullivan HT(ASCP)HTL  CLSP(NCA) Corporate Histology Supervisor
Virtua,Voorhees