[Histonet] Uncertified Histotechs

joelle weaver joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com
Fri Aug 23 09:17:37 CDT 2013

I also test any bench HT's practical ability whether they appear with credentials of certification, degrees or otherwise.  They MUST have the practical & technical abilities to do well on the bench, enough said.

In an interview situation, what you have are some tools and bits of information in a very contrived situation to give you some insight into how the person will act and perform as an actual employee.

If your market or your organization,  allows you the freedom to make your own hiring criteria, then good for you. But if there are legislative or organizational policies where you live or work that create stipulations, then that is how it goes. This discussion has rarely gone anywhere in the posts before, and seems to make more people upset than anything else.  I guess no one appreciates being placed into some category.  Hey, if you want to become certified, go for it, if you don't that is fine too.

The question was about whether this affecting hiring-  and I do think it does, in some places very much, in others maybe less? There are always a multitude of factors.

Joelle Weaver MAOM, HTL (ASCP) QIHC