AW: [Histonet] BIG PROBLEM

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Tue Apr 30 10:15:01 CDT 2013

Too much blue is mostly a problem of too less red.
Have you checked your Eosin? pH? Rinsing after eosin?

My personal issue was sometimes too thin sections. Those looked also rather
pale.
Gudrun

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von Behnaz
Sohrab
Gesendet: Montag, 29. April 2013 19:36
An: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Betreff: [Histonet] BIG PROBLEM

Good Morning, We have two Leica H&E stainer( old xt-5010 and new 5020). We
do use : Gill's 3 for 6 minutes, 4% Glacial ACETIC Acid 40 seconds Bluing :
45 sec. We done this for years!! last few months our Pantologists are
complaining about GI Biopsies that they have TOO much blue in cytoplasma and
the Mucin is too purple and blue? Please any suggestion??
Mean while we are trying the NEW kit from Leica for H&E , they think that is
TOO pale?any of you has tried this new stain from Lecia?
With much application.
Behnaz Sohrab, Los Angeles