[Histonet] BIG PROBLEM

Linda lmdee1 <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Apr 29 13:30:38 CDT 2013

Hi,

I would first check with your alcohol and xylene suppliers to see if they changed anything.  When something goes south it is usually because the manufacturer have changed.  This happened with my silver stains.

You may have to go back to the basics- harris hematoxylin, acid alcohol, and eosin y.  Richard Allen 7211 hematoxylin and the rest of their staining is excellent in these situations until you can get it back under control.  If you send them slides they will work a time out for you.

If you are using Leica's selectech, which is what I started this lab out with because I was heavily sampled out, it has blue nuclei instead of the traditional purple.  I do 5 minutes in hematoxylin, 30 dips in clarifier and 1 minute in blue, 55 sec in eosin but I have (2) 95s after.  They also have a tech dept to help.  I have a Leica autostainer too.

I hope this helps.

Linda Dee, HT(ASCP)

________________________________
 From: Behnaz Sohrab <SohrabB1 <@t> ah.org>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 12:36 PM
Subject: [Histonet] BIG PROBLEM

Good Morning, We have two Leica H&E stainer( old xt-5010 and new 5020). We do use : Gill's 3 for 6 minutes,
4% Glacial ACETIC Acid 40 seconds
Bluing : 45 sec. We done this for years!! last few months our Pantologists are complaining about GI Biopsies that they have TOO much blue in cytoplasma and the Mucin is too purple and blue? Please any suggestion??
Mean while we are trying the NEW kit from Leica for H&E , they think that is TOO pale?any of you has tried this new stain from Lecia?
With much application.
Behnaz Sohrab, Los Angeles