[Histonet] RE: Her 3

Elizabeth Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Sat Sep 22 11:06:30 CDT 2012

Elaine

We have had success with the Dako antibody on human tumors in mouse xenograft tissue, we used pH9 for retrieval.  Since we were working in a mouse background we utilized a mouse on mouse detection system from MaxVision it worked well in our hands at 1:10 dilution for 30 minutes at room temp on the dako stainer.

Liz

Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC
PO Box 18592
Boulder, CO 80308-1592
(303) 682-3949 office
(303) 682-9060 fax
(303) 881-0763 cell
www.premierlab.com

Ship to address:

1567 Skyway Drive, Unit E
Longmont, CO 80504

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Dooley, Elaine O.
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 12:27 PM
To: histonet (histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu)
Subject: [Histonet] Her 3

Dear Histonetters,

Has anyone had success with Dako's Her 3 antibody on paraffin sections?  I am looking for a protocol to work on a DAKO autostainer or Ventana XT.  I have tried the high ph Dako retrieval suggested but I am not getting much staining and I have ran a multiple tissue control block with many of the suggested controls in the block.  I am going to try again using a different antibody diluent because the one I am using may not be compatible with the antibody.  Does anyone have any other suggestions.  ( I have tried 1:50 for 60 min primary antibody incubation)

Elaine Dooley HTL
Shands Teaching Hospital
Gainesville FL
352-265-0111