[Histonet] RE: mouse testis in Bouins/Picric acid hazzards

Ingles Claire CIngles <@t> uwhealth.org
Wed Sep 19 14:16:56 CDT 2012

Yes, but why take the chance. There are also other chemicals in the lab the picric acid can interact with to make it even more volitile than it was to begin with. Dynamite other explosives have the same problem. The older it gets the more degraded and unstable it becomes. One never knows if or when. I'd like to avoid traumatically amputating my arms if possible, thank you.
Claire

________________________________

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Geoff
Sent: Mon 9/17/2012 9:26 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] RE: mouse testis in Bouins/Picric acid hazzards

I am with Wayne on this one. While I have not tried to make it explode
it does seem to me that the dangers are hyped beyond reason.
Years ago an old bottle of picric acid would be discovered in a high
school chemistry lab. Horrors! Call the bomb squad! So it was taken out
to a large field, packed
with explosives and BOOM! Of course it exploded, it was surrounded with
explosives.

Geoff