[Histonet] mouse testis in Bouins

Jeanne Estabel je2 <@t> sanger.ac.uk
Fri Sep 14 08:40:27 CDT 2012

Hi,

I always fix them for 48h and move them to 70% ethanol.

Regards

Jeanne

Jeanne Estabel, PhD
Scientific Manager
Histology Operations Manager
Mouse Genetics Project
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
Cambridge, UK
Tel:+44 (0)1223 834244 ext 8306
Find Sanger Mouse Genetics Project phenotyping data on
http://www.sanger.ac.uk/mouseportal/

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Margaret
Horne
Sent: 14 September 2012 14:07
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] mouse testis in Bouins

 Hello Everyone, I am asking this for a friend.

How long can mouse testis be kept in Bouins without distortion of cell
morphology? Days? weeks? months? years?

I noticed in the Archives that many people fix in Bouins , rinse, then
store in 70% EtOH. This is preferable I assume. Again, how long is ok?

   Thanks in advance for the sharing of your accumulated wisdom,
                          Margaret