[Histonet] voice recognition and synoptic reporting

Michael Mihalik mike <@t> pathview.com
Thu Sep 13 11:41:03 CDT 2012

Allison, it starts with what your objectives are:

If you simply want your reports to present information in a certain format,
then a word processor, optionally coupled with Dragon and optionally coupled
with Voicebrook will work.

If you need to send the data in it's individual components to another
computer system, then that's an entirely different story as it probably
means that you need to store the data discretely.

Either way, if you'd like to talk about it further please feel free to
contact me offline.  Remember that I represent an LIS vendor, but since I
love talking about this stuff, I have no problem talking to you about it
from a non sales perspective.

Michael Mihalik
PathView Systems | cell: 214.733.7688 | 800.798.3540 | fax: 952.241.7369

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Hutton,
Allison
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:50 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] voice recognition and synoptic reporting

We have been asked to look at changing our pathology reports over to the
synoptic report format.  I was wondering if anyone could provide me some
information on voice recognition software for pathology and if this would be
the best (easiest) way to implement synoptic reporting for our path reports.
I am only vaguely familiar with both so any information will be of great
use.
Thank You in Advance
Allison