[Histonet] voice recognition and synoptic reporting

William Chappell chapcl <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 11:04:33 CDT 2012

Voice Brook seems to be the market leader.

They are powered by Nuance and Dragon which are the market leaders in the consumer market.

However, they are pricy.

Nuance offers a service that is more similar to a remote transcription service, however my guess is they rely heavily on their automated transcription software, without the cost of purchasing the software itself.

If your IT department wants to dedicate 1 or 2 FTE's to getting you up and running, a cheaper solution is to purchase the Dragon backbone from Nuance, however it will take al ot of customization to make it on par with VoiceBrook.

Just my opinion.

Will Chappell
CHOC Children's
AP Supervisor