[Histonet] Re: Histonet Digest, Vol 106, Issue 7

Madeleine Huey madeleinehuey <@t> gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 13:35:46 CDT 2012

Message: 3
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 10:22:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: angela smith <we3smitty <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Eosin and the Peloris
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

I know the original Peloris states that eosin should not be used in
the alcohols It does say you can put it in the formalins.

What are you all doing out there to mark your small needle bx and gi
bx's?  We prefer methods where we add to the reagents on the
processor.

We have tried just formalin with eosin and eosin phlox. and it does
not do a very good job.

thanks

Angela,
We add Eosin in our most purity alcohol bottles (2 bottles with ~ 95%
- 100% ETOH) & they work great.  I do not recommend it in Formalin,
because the Eosin tend to wash out during the dehydration process.
No loss of small biopsies in my lab yet.
Good Luck!
Madeleine Huey BS, HTL (ASCP) QIHC
Supervisor - Pathology (IPOX & Histology)
madeleine_h <@t> elcaminohospital.org