[Histonet] Re: Histonet Digest, Vol 106, Issue 6

Madeleine Huey madeleinehuey <@t> gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 13:36:14 CDT 2012

Message: 6
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 10:02:58 +0500 (PKT)
From: tahseen <@t> brain.net.pk
Subject: [Histonet] Can perform on IHC(P)
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

Dear All,
We have casein kinase sc-6479 santa cruz, can we perform on paraffin
embedded section.
Thanks Muhammad tahseen

Muhammad,
Are you using human or mouse FFPE tissues?
I have never used this particular antibody, but Santa Cruz Biot. have
many other abs would work on both tissue types.
Since you already have SC-6479, why don't you try using high ph buffer
for antigen retrieval;
1) BioCare's DIVA with Pascal pressure cooker for 5 min - 10 min @ 125
psi).  Try not to use steamer or MW, unless you are very confidence
with your apparatus.
2) Incubate 1st ab ( 1:50, 1:500, 1:5k) overnight @ room temperature
in moisture chamber (seal container with parafilm).
If none of these titration work, then purchase a better antibody for
your application.
Good Luck!
Madeleine Huey BS, HTL (ASCP) QIHC
Supervisor - Pathology (IPOX & Histology)
madeleine_h <@t> elcaminohospital.org