[Histonet] Number of blocks

Dorothy Ragland-Glass techmana12 <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 07:38:26 CDT 2012

It was annouced by a histo lab manager that techs are expected to cut 40-50 blocks per hour. That seems to me to be rather high. I don't see quality slides being turned out. It is quantity and profit above patient care. I am old school, and I remember something about quality and patient first. Besides  what kind of impact on morality of the techs, back problems and carpal tunnel syndrom is laying ahead for the cutter after cranking the microtome repeatedly that many blocks without a break.