[Histonet] Tritium whole body autoradiography

Pedro Brugarolas pedrobrugarolas <@t> gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 13:53:27 CDT 2012

Hi,

I am interested in doing whole body cryosections (10-50 um thick) of adult mice (~9x3 cm) for whole body autoradiography studies. We own a Leica CM1850 cryostat but unfortunately the knife clearance is not long enough for these large samples. Can anyone tell me what kind of cryostat we need for these sections? Does anyone know any histology lab in Chicago or elsewhere that could help us cutting these specimens? These would be tritium injected 14 week old fresh frozen (unfixed) mice.

Thank you,

Pedro Brugarolas
The University of Chicago