[Histonet] Flourescent mounting medium- PLEASE HELP!!!

Entwistle, Laura lentwistle <@t> ucsd.edu
Tue Oct 9 10:22:43 CDT 2012

We use this medium.  We have found that if you shake it before use it becomes a little more viscous, but toss it if it becomes too gel like.  We also allow our sections to dry, but keep them in the dark as much as possible.  You also need to be sure that you are using coverglass that works with fluorescent material.

Laura

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jonathan Cremer
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 7:20 AM
To: Candice Smoots; Histonet
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Flourescent mounting medium- PLEASE HELP!!!

I have no experience with this particular mounting medium, but from what I gather it is like any other aqueous mounting medium. You should blot your slides to remove as much water as possible, without letting your sections dry. Then apply a small amount of mounting medium to the slide or coverslip (depending on preference) and mount.
Apparently it solidifies at the edge, so no need to seal with nail polish.

If your bottle has solidified to the point where it is a gel instead of a viscous liquid, you can toss it. (unless the datasheet specifies otherwise...)

Jonathan