[Histonet] Flourescent mounting medium- PLEASE HELP!!!

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Oct 8 11:06:24 CDT 2012

The sections should be wet (usually in PBS).
If your mounting medium is a "little solidified" you should dilute it with the same diluent specified in the bottle or the MSDS
René J.

________________________________
From: Candice Smoots <candice_camille <@t> yahoo.com>
To: Histonet <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Monday, October 8, 2012 9:42 AM
Subject: [Histonet] Flourescent mounting medium- PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi Histonet

In our lab, we are trying to mount our flourescent stained sections with polyvinyl alcohol mounting medium with DABCO. WE are unsure if it is to be mounted while the sections are wet or do we let me air dry.

Another question is... How to actually use it. It looks to be a little solidified. Kind of like jello. Is this normal? do I dilute it?  Please Please Help!

I remain yours truely,

Candice Camille