[Histonet] Specimens for TEM

Allyse Mazzarelli allyse124 <@t> gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 08:52:28 CDT 2012

Hi all,

I have a question about transmission electron microscopy. Currently, at the
lab that I work in, we use a basic H&E stain and image with a light
microscope. However, it was brought to my attention today that there has
been talk of sending some specimens out for TEM imaging. I currently embed
my specimens in 7100 plastic resin. I was wondering how others out there
process/embed their specimens for TE microscopy. I've never participated in
TEM before, so any help anyone can give me would be great.

Thanks!

Allyse Mazzarelli