AW: [Histonet] Polyoma for renal transplantation

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Thu Oct 4 13:16:54 CDT 2012

Our protocol on Ventana Benchmark Ultra: CC1 mild (ca. 30 min high pH
retrieval), 1:40 for 32 min at 37°C.

We use this special lot since 2006, now aliquotted and frozen. I am sure (or
hope), that we've got a positiv result, when introducing it.
Unfortunately we have no positive controls available. So I'm not convinced
of the reliability today. :(
It will be challenging to establish the new antibody.

I found a SV40 antibody from Cellmarque, but I'm not sure, if this one is
the relevant one for renal transplants. Publications always talk about
BK-Virus.

Thanks
Gudrun

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Richard Cartun [mailto:Rcartun <@t> harthosp.org]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 04. Oktober 2012 18:52
An: gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Betreff: Re: [Histonet] Polyoma for renal transplantation

I forgot to ask if you were able to get the Novocastra antibody to work on
FFPE tissue?  Thank you.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, MS, PhD
Director, Histology & Immunopathology
Director, Biospecimen Collection Programs Assistant Director, Anatomic
Pathology Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 545-1596
(860) 545-2204 Fax

>>> "Gudrun Lang" <gu.lang <@t> gmx.at> 10/4/2012 11:36 AM >>>
Hi!

Can anyone recommend a good Polyoma antibody usefull for testing with renal
transplatation.

Novocastra's Polyoma JC/BK is not available now.

Thank you

Gudrun Lang