[Histonet] Ultra

Bruce Gapinski BGapinski <@t> pathgroup.com
Mon Nov 26 12:50:05 CST 2012

I too have had problems with my Ultra. I am so glad I place a control at the top of every slide. Sometimes no Hematoxylin, sometimes no positive staining. I've documented half a dozen cases.
                One thing we noticed is that the antibody vials get plugged up from the protein in the antibody. We inspect every vial before we place it on the instrument. The other thing we look for is antibody in the spout of the vial. It will recede. Called Ventana, and they said " There are plenty of extra drops in the vial, so prime the vial. Bad advise, here's why. The instrument has no idea how many drops are disposed of during priming. So we ended up with another bunch of primaries with no drops left. Now we prime without expelling any reagent and how that works better.
                With this problem I feel Ventana owes us URA (Ultimate Reagent Access) then we can prime as we go.

Bruce Gapinsk HT (ASCP)
Chief Histologist
Marin Medical Laboratories
PathGroup SF

Important Notice: This e-mail is intended for the use of the person to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please destroy this message and contact the Security Officer at PathGroup, Inc immediately at 615-562-9255. Thank you