[Histonet] Ultra

Daniel Hewitt dhewitt <@t> hvhs.org
Mon Nov 26 15:46:47 CST 2012

We have the same issue from time to time on our Ultra, our vortex mixers
seem to clog after about 3-4 months of use. The engineer comes in,
unclogs them and everything is good for another 3-4 months. They have
never really been able to figure it out why they clog but, but
thankfully the service is still covered, just a large nuisance.

Daniel Hewitt
Histology Supervisor, HVS
412-749-7371

This email, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, or an agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete and destroy all copies of
the original message, including attachments.

Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are
Heritage Valley Health System.  The integrity and security of this
message cannot be guaranteed on the internet.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Bruce
Gapinski
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 1:50 PM
To: 'cthornton <@t> dahlchase.com'; 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] Ultra

I too have had problems with my Ultra. I am so glad I place a control at
the top of every slide. Sometimes no Hematoxylin, sometimes no positive
staining. I've documented half a dozen cases.
                One thing we noticed is that the antibody vials get
plugged up from the protein in the antibody. We inspect every vial
before we place it on the instrument. The other thing we look for is
antibody in the spout of the vial. It will recede. Called Ventana, and
they said " There are plenty of extra drops in the vial, so prime the
vial. Bad advise, here's why. The instrument has no idea how many drops
are disposed of during priming. So we ended up with another bunch of
primaries with no drops left. Now we prime without expelling any reagent
and how that works better.
                With this problem I feel Ventana owes us URA (Ultimate
Reagent Access) then we can prime as we go.

Bruce Gapinsk HT (ASCP)
Chief Histologist
Marin Medical Laboratories
PathGroup SF

Important Notice: This e-mail is intended for the use of the person to
whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
destroy this message and contact the Security Officer at PathGroup, Inc
immediately at 615-562-9255. Thank you