[Histonet] H&E Question

Goins, Tresa TGoins <@t> mt.gov
Wed Nov 14 10:02:57 CST 2012

Jackie -

Try a different hematoxylin - we switched to Platinum Line Modified Harris Hematoxylin - we save money and the pathologists prefer the results.

Tresa

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jaclyn Pitts
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:51 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] H&E Question

Hi All,
I am having a problem with my staining, ( well, I think its pretty good but the path says its not cark enough for her) So, I am using Azer Scientific Hematoxylin Extra and I initially started out with 2.5 min in it. I upped it to 5  min and then to 10 and 12 min. The problem is the control I have works and looks great at the 2.5 min. Besides just keeping it in the heme longer what else can I do? I have cut a few extra dummy slides today so I can try different things out with them. I am tired of hearing from the path everyday that the heme is too light for her.
I am a new lab for a derm clinic and I work alone so its basiclly up to me to figure this out. Please help! Thanks!

Jackie