[Histonet] Background staining on H pylori

Joe Nocito jnocito <@t> satx.rr.com
Mon Nov 5 17:58:55 CST 2012

It might be the antibody itself. We are seeing the same problem. My doctor
also thinks that our antibody is picking up normal flora also. Now, when I
QC the slides I have to go by morphology. We have a couple of reps coming by
to boast about their HP. Let you know how that works out.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Deloris
Carter
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 5:16 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Background staining on H pylori

Hi,
I'm getting a lot of background staining on my HP's.  We use a Ventana
BenchmarkXT with ultraView DAB.  The problem seems to be escalating of
late, and I'm not sure why.  We use Hollande's on our GI biopsies, and run
them on a shorter run.  Nothing has changed in the processing of the
specimens, or the IHC procedure.  The antibody dispenser is a newer lot,
but not brand new, as we get the larger size due to the high volume of HP's
we run. Any ideas?

Deloris Carter HT(ASCP)