[Histonet] Background staining on H pylori

Sebree Linda A LSebree <@t> uwhealth.org
Tue Nov 6 07:31:18 CST 2012

Deloris,

We recently had what we think was a contaminated dispenser of HP from VMS.  It had brown particulate matter scattered over the slide which the docs said was not bugs.  Received a new dispenser from VMS and have had no problem since.

Linda A. Sebree

University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792

(608)265-6596
FAX: (608)262-7174

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Deloris Carter
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 5:16 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Background staining on H pylori

Hi,
I'm getting a lot of background staining on my HP's.  We use a Ventana BenchmarkXT with ultraView DAB.  The problem seems to be escalating of late, and I'm not sure why.  We use Hollande's on our GI biopsies, and run them on a shorter run.  Nothing has changed in the processing of the specimens, or the IHC procedure.  The antibody dispenser is a newer lot, but not brand new, as we get the larger size due to the high volume of HP's we run. Any ideas?

Deloris Carter HT(ASCP)