[Histonet] Leica CV5030 coverslipper issues

Weems, Joyce K. Joyce.Weems <@t> emoryhealthcare.org
Mon May 21 13:14:45 CDT 2012

We've had some issues that were mostly due to operator errors and lack of housekeeping, but they have been very good about correcting the problems.

Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
678-843-7376 Phone
678-843-7831 Fax
joyce.weems <@t> emoryhealthcare.org

www.saintjosephsatlanta.org
5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road
Atlanta, GA 30342

This e-mail, including any attachments is the property of Saint Joseph's Hospital and is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).  It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message, and reply to the sender regarding the error in a separate email.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Linda
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 1:58 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Cc: Kristy.Hanson <@t> leica-microsystems.com; Jack.Kenny <@t> leica-microsystems.com; paul.raimondo <@t> leica-microsystems.com
Subject: [Histonet] Leica CV5030 coverslipper issues

Hello Everyone,

I purchase a brand new Leica CV5030 coverslipper, which I received at the beginning of February.  I have had non- stop issues with this coverslipper from it throwing slides, coverslips and now the sensor not working properly.

I have emailed Leica several times now requesting a new coverslipper.  If I have this many issues at three months what is it going to do in a year?

The tech service support person has been great with fixing all of the issues.

This is my reply I received from the President, North America, Jack Kenny-

"We do not believe that it is appropriate at this point to replace this system.   We will continute to monitor the situation but not upgrade at this time."

I am not looking for an upgrade I would just like a new coverslipper that works.

Has anyone else had problems with Leica not replacing defective equipment?  Please let me know.  How did you resolve the issue?

Thank you in advance,

Linda Dee, BGS, HT(ASCP)