[Histonet] blocking endogenous activities

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 09:24:10 CST 2012

Peroxidase, the enzyme you want to block with hydrogen peroxide, is a protein and, as such, should be cross-linked by formalin if the tissue is properly sixed.
In consequence, you should eliminate the crosslinkage to fully expose the enzyme before blocking it.
Therefore, you should do HIER first and block the peroxidase afterwards.
On the other hand, many labs do
René J.

--- On Thu, 3/1/12, Tuyen Nguyen <tuyenmai77 <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Tuyen Nguyen <tuyenmai77 <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: [Histonet] blocking endogenous activities
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Thursday, March 1, 2012, 6:48 PM

In my lab, in IHC protocols for most antibodies, hydrogen peroxide is applied before antigen heat retrieval. However, I wonder there is any different result in IHC stain if hydrogen peroxide for blocking endogenous activities is applied after antigen heat retrieval by using steamer or pressure cooker?
Thank you,
Mai Nguyen Truong
Research Associate II
Los Angeles, California