[Histonet] blocking endogenous activities

Jan Shivers shive003 <@t> umn.edu
Thu Mar 1 18:13:28 CST 2012

You need to do it sometime before the HRP-labeled conjugate is put on.  If
you put it on after the HRP conjugate, you'll block the HRP substrate and
won't see where the primary antibody is binding.  I usually do mine before
antigen retrieval, but have done it after the primary antibody step on
frozen sections and cell smears.

Jan Shivers
Senior Scientist
IHC/Histology/EM