[Histonet] blocking endogenous activities

Bea DeBrosse-Serra BDeBrosse-Serra <@t> isisph.com
Thu Mar 1 17:55:06 CST 2012

The majority of the time we do it after retrieval. I believe you can do the hydrogen peroxide block at any point, as long as you do it before the DAB.

Beatrice DeBrosse-Serra HT(ASCP)QIHC
Isis Pharmaceuticals
Antisense Drug Discovery
2588 Gazelle Ct.
Carlsbad, CA 92010
760-603-2371

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Tuyen Nguyen
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2012 3:49 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] blocking endogenous activities

In my lab, in IHC protocols for most antibodies, hydrogen peroxide is applied before antigen heat retrieval. However, I wonder there is any different result in IHC stain if hydrogen peroxide for blocking endogenous activities is applied after antigen heat retrieval by using steamer or pressure cooker?
Thank you,
Mai Nguyen Truong
Research Associate II
Los Angeles, California