[Histonet] Frozen Sections Falling Off Slides

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Sat Jun 16 11:08:36 CDT 2012

Although it should NOT be the cause, I always used my cryostat at -20 to -25ºC Second I always warmed the slides (at least 30ºC) before picking the sections. This requires having a well extended cryosection and to pick them up with a "smooth movement". You will not have any chance of "rearranging-extending" the section.
As a fixative I used NBF for 30 seconds → to regular or special staining.
René J.

________________________________
From: Bernadette del Rosario <badzrosari <@t> yahoo.com>
To: "Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2012 12:01 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Frozen Sections Falling Off Slides

Hello histonetters!!!Im presently using the Tissue Tek Cryo3 Frozen section Machine...But i dont understand why i got problems sections falling off slides.I used different types of slides non adhesive,adhesive(poly l lysine,thermoshandon,starfrost sakura)..Regular procedure : Sections taken from 2-4 microns,transfered to 95% alcohol fixative, wolfsgang fixative etc..then after distilled water wash out...sections started to peel off...My machine setting- chamber is -30 C;cryochamber is -39 C..example of tissue- fibroma and salivary gland...
I used Leica cryostat previously but i never got these problems...Even i used non adhesive but sections still on the slides..Can someone advised  please.Maybe youre using the same tissue tek cryo 3...