[Histonet] Fluorescence-filters

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Tue Jun 5 09:37:33 CDT 2012

Hi!

Filters for fluorescencemicroscopy tend to "burn out" after a certain
duration of usage. What duration?

We have filters for FITC, TRITC, Dapi and a triplefilter. The working-hours
are about 150 per year.

What do you think? Is it time to change them.

I have often bad feedback about weak signals, and I would not be surprised
if the microscope is the culprit and not our protocol.

Weak signals refer last times to ALK-FISH on lung biopsies. Well fixed but
tumourcells mixed within collagenfibers.

- and unfortunately unexperienced doctors on reading of this special probe.

Hoping for responses

Gudrun Lang