[Histonet] In FL, who can perform IHC/ISH?

Jay Lundgren jaylundgren <@t> gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 10:07:39 CDT 2012

     I had an assignment in SW Florida not too long ago, doing mostly IHC,
and at that time I was told that FL requires a tech doing IHC to be a
Florida registered Technologist.  (Florida has three levels of
registration, technician, technologist, and supervisor.)  *NOTA BENE*:
This is NOT the same thing as an HTL (ASCP).  To find the requirements for
a Florida registered Technologist, go the the FL DOH website.  It's almost
time to renew mine. :)

                                         Sincerely,

                                                  Jay A. Lundgren, M.S.,
HTL (ASCP)