AW: [Histonet] Sections washing off slides

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Sat Jul 28 05:07:41 CDT 2012

Although I have no experience in this special case, I would try to "soften
down" the retrieval step. Eg. prolonged incubation time in buffer at lower
temperature.
If you have to remount the section, be careful, that any water is removed
under the section.

Gudrun Lang

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von Stoll,
Kathryn
Gesendet: Freitag, 27. Juli 2012 21:48
An: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Betreff: [Histonet] Sections washing off slides

I have some old H&E slides that I would like to try IHC staining on.  I am
having trouble keeping the tissue on the slide.
I put a slide in xylene to remove the cover slip and eventually the section
floated off the slide when I tried to rehydrate.
The second time I tried Mount-Quick from Newcomer Supply and was able to put
the section on a charged slide.  The section stayed on the slide but was
loose after hydration.   It was just hanging on after retrieval and did not
stain well.
I have a limited number of slides.  If anyone has experience in this area
and knows the best way to keep tissue on a slide I would really appreciate
your advice.  Thanks in advance.

Kathryn Stoll, HT(ASCP)
Department of Pathology
Medical College of Wisconsin