[Histonet] How to make HP control tissue?

Mark Tarango marktarango <@t> gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 11:40:27 CDT 2012

Hi Willem,

H. pylori needs the low pH of the stomach to survive and grow.  It won't
naturally be in lung tissue.  When looking for HP, it's found on the mucosa
and gastric pits of the stomach.  Since you're looking for it in a specific
place, I think putting it in lung is a bad idea.

Your best bet for control tissue is a positive gastrectomy specimen.  You
could chop that up into a thousand pieces and never run out.  We've had
several cases like this.

Send me your address and a FedEx account number and I'll see about send you
a block or two.

Mark