[Histonet] Frozens and antigen retrieval

Kim Donadio one_angel_secret <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 12:52:32 CDT 2012

You should not have to use retreival. Retrieval either by heat/solution or enzyme digestion is usually needed when the antigen/antibody site has been blocked/masked by the fixation process.

Kim D

________________________________
From: Daniela Bodemer <daniela.bodemer <@t> mcri.edu.au>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Wednesday, July 4, 2012 7:02 AM
Subject: [Histonet] Frozens and antigen retrieval

Hi all,

A question from my student: antigen retrieval when using frozens for immunofluorescence -yes or no?

The protocol suggested by the antibody company lists the retrieval as an option. I am used to do retrieval on paraffin sections, but not on cryo sections.

Hit me with your opinions on this :-)

Thanks in advance,

Daniela

Sent from my iPad