[Histonet] How to make HP control tissue?

Hoekert, W.E.J. W.E.J.Hoekert <@t> olvg.nl
Wed Jul 4 10:09:03 CDT 2012

Hi Histonetters,

Does anybody has experience in making your own HP control tissue? I am tired of using positive biopsies of patients since they are always almost finished.  I have heard of a procedure on making HP controls but I am not exactly sure how it is done.

I have tried the following: I went to the microbiology department and asked for some freshly grown HP bacteria. We scraped them of the petridishes and put them in formalin. I had them fixed for 24 hours and then I injected them into some already fixed lung tissue and processed it as normal. But if I do a HP stain on that tissue, I don't see any bacteria. Probably they rinse off during the process.

Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Thanks in advance,

Willem Hoekert
OLVG
The Netherlands

Disclaimer:

Dit e-mail bericht is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde(n). Verstrekking aan en gebruik door anderen dan geadresseerden is niet toegestaan. Indien u niet de geadresseerde bent, wordt u verzocht de verzender hiervan op de hoogte te stellen en het bericht te verwijderen.
In verband met electronische verzending kunnen aan dit e-mail bericht geen rechten worden ontleend.