[Histonet] RE: Interview Questions

Truscott, Tom ttruscot <@t> vetmed.wsu.edu
Wed Jan 25 10:59:02 CST 2012

Hi Sally, I think I would ask if they were familiar with the terms bovine, porcine, ovine, caprine, equine, ect. Then ask if they would process bovine tissue differently than mouse tissues. Ask what kind of problems they might expect to encounter doing IHC and immunofluorescence on animal tissue. If you handle legal cases, ask questions about tissue identity and chain of evidence. Ask questions on lab safety and chemical waste disposal. Good luck, Tom Truscott

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Breeden, Sara
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 7:37 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Interview Questions

Okay, My People - I will be one of the interviewers for locating my
replacement).  I've not been this "fortunate" before and I do know there
are questions one cannot ask so that's not an issue.  What I'd like to
know is what I SHOULD ask.  This position is fairly straightforward -
basic veterinary histology with nothing significantly challenging (but
with that potential).  What would YOU want to know about a candidate
that would convince you that this person was The One? I need questions
with "meat" to them.  Your suggestions will be much-ly appreciated.
Gracias!

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

New Mexico Department of Agriculture

Veterinary Diagnostic Services