[Histonet] formalin managment--what about recycling?

Cheryl tkngflght <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Jan 13 11:29:34 CST 2012

Now I'm curious.  We all struggle with what is okay to go down the drain vs. what we're willing to put down the drain (I don't like dumping xylene substitues even when my water district says I can-- I like fish that swim right-side up! )

Can someone comment on the recycling programs out there for formalin and the costs vs. commercial waste haulers?  Is the end product worth the effort?

Thanks!

Cheryl Kerry, HT(ASCP) , Histology Recruiter
Full Staff Inc.
Staffing the AP Lab by helping one GREAT Tech at a time.
281.852.9457 Office
800.756.3309 Phone & Fax
admin <@t> fullstaff.org

Sign up for the FREE newsletter AP News--updates, tricks of the trade and current issues for Anatomic Pathology Clinical Labs. Send a 'subscribe' request to APNews <@t> fullstaff.org. Please include your name and specialty in the body of the email.