[Histonet] CD marker help [particularly CD68]

Amos Brooks amosbrooks <@t> gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 16:54:23 CST 2012

Hi,
    It sounds like there are a number of antibodies with similar problems
here if you are having troubles with CD68, F4/80 and CD11b. If you are
getting variable results it could be that the tissues are not fixed and
processed sufficiently. If they are not fixed sufficiently there will be
inconsistencies in labeling of the epitopes. Adipose tissues take
particularly long to fix. In the absence of further details about the
procedure, that is where I would assume the gremlin is hiding.

Amos