[Histonet] Sodium Barbital

Eric Hoy Eric.Hoy <@t> UTSouthwestern.edu
Tue Jan 10 16:36:58 CST 2012

There is a substitute that has been around for a long time.  I have used
this substitute for immunoelectrophoresis and gotten good results.  The
reference is Clin Chem, 1978, 24(10):1825-1827.  I can send a copy if you
don't have access to the on-line journal.

You might also search the archives.  I remember a discussion about this
several years ago, and I think Tony Henwood recommended an acetate buffer
for ATPases.

Happy staining!

Eric Hoy

Eric S. Hoy, Ph.D., SI(ASCP)
Clinical Associate Professor
Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Dallas, Texas
Email: Eric.Hoy <@t> UTSouthwestern.edu