[Histonet] time off

Joe Nocito jnocito <@t> satx.rr.com
Wed Jan 4 17:13:00 CST 2012

I start with the holidays. We rotate the major ones every year. When I set
up the private lab I used to work at, I had it put in the H.R. policy that
an employee could take 2 of 3 end of year holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas,
New Year's) on a rotating basis. If no one else put in for those times,
then I would grant that request. I went out only 6 months at a time. We were
expanding exponentially and I couldn't project what the work load would be
like next week, never mind 6 months from now. All the other holidays were
not a problem.

JTT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Amber McKenzie" <amber.mckenzie <@t> gastrodocs.net>
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 3:09 PM
Subject: [Histonet] time off

Those of you who are supervisors, how do you handle your co-workers asking
for time off?  I have 2 employees that have asked off already (jan 3rd) for
every day they want off for the entire year!  Do you grant them the days off
since no one else has asked off yet, or tell them it's not fair to
continuously get off around every holiday by asking off  5 - 12 months in
advance?