[Histonet] Does xylene cause skin cancer?

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Wed Feb 22 12:59:35 CST 2012

Hi Jenny:

Xylene can pass through the skin via the lipids that surround the skin
cells, just the way the medicine in nicotine patches, sea sickness
patches and birth control patches can.
How much can enter your system is not known to me but you should wear
resistant gloves, maybe even double glove.
Not wearing the appropriate glove is almost certainly a safety violation.

Geoff

--
--
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.