[Histonet] Storage of Frozen Tissues

Dennis Hahn Dennis.Hahn <@t> cookchildrens.org
Wed Feb 22 06:20:02 CST 2012

How does everyone store tissues that are at -20 or -80? Currently we wrap the tissue well in foil and place in a labeled cassette. If shipped out, we double bag as required. Recently, a concern has been raised about the cassettes being a safety issue due to the fact that the tissue could be exposed to staff. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dennis

Dennis Hahn, HT (ASCP)
Histology Lab Supervisor
Cook Children's Medical Center
801 7th Avenue
Ft. Worth, TX 76104
(682) 885-6168

Cook Children's Health Care System

This e-mail, facsimile, or letter and any files or attachments transmitted may contain information that is confidential and privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are the intended recipient, further disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, printing, or use of this information is strictly prohibited and possibly a violation of federal or state law and regulations.

If you have received this information in error, please notify Cook Children's Health Care System immediately at (682)885-4000 or via e-mail at compliance <@t> cookchildrens.org. Cook Children's Health Care System, its subsidiaries, and affiliates hereby claim all applicable privileges related to this information.