[Histonet] RE: MOHS Tech

Walter Benton wbenton <@t> cua.md
Wed Aug 1 12:25:24 CDT 2012

I would review the CLIA guidelines, which dictate minimum qualifications to perform certain tasks.

http://wwwn.cdc.gov/clia/regs/subpart_m.aspx

Walter Benton HT(ASCP)QIHC
Histology Supervisor
Chesapeake Urology Associates
806 Landmark Drive, Suite 126
(All Deliveries to Suite 127)
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
443-471-5850 (Direct)
410-768-5961 (Lab)
410-768-5965 (Fax)
wbenton <@t> cua.md
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Bauer, Karen L. [Bauer.Karen <@t> mayo.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 1:14 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] MOHS Tech

Hi,

We are looking for MOHS tech and have an applicant that is not a
certified histotech.  Our MOHS techs are expected to gross tissues,
which requires a certified tech for high complexity testing... according
to CAP regulations.

I was wondering what other MOHS techs are doing that are not certified
technicians.  I would really like to give this person a chance, but am
afraid that I won't be able to because of the CAP standards.

Do anyone have any references, resources, or information that could help
me in this matter?

Thank you,

Karen

Karen L. Bauer HTL/HT (ASCP) | Histology Supervisor | Pathology | MOHS
Lab Supervisor | Dermatology | Phone: 715-838-3205 |
bauer.karen <@t> mayo.edu | Mayo Clinic Health System | 1221 Whipple Street |
Eau Claire, WI 54702 | mayoclinichealthsystem.org
<http://www.mayoclinichealthsystem.org/>