[Histonet] MOHS Tech

Bauer, Karen L. Bauer.Karen <@t> mayo.edu
Wed Aug 1 12:14:27 CDT 2012

Hi,

We are looking for MOHS tech and have an applicant that is not a
certified histotech.  Our MOHS techs are expected to gross tissues,
which requires a certified tech for high complexity testing... according
to CAP regulations.

I was wondering what other MOHS techs are doing that are not certified
technicians.  I would really like to give this person a chance, but am
afraid that I won't be able to because of the CAP standards.

Do anyone have any references, resources, or information that could help
me in this matter?

Thank you,

Karen

Karen L. Bauer HTL/HT (ASCP) | Histology Supervisor | Pathology | MOHS
Lab Supervisor | Dermatology | Phone: 715-838-3205 |
bauer.karen <@t> mayo.edu | Mayo Clinic Health System | 1221 Whipple Street |
Eau Claire, WI 54702 | mayoclinichealthsystem.org
<http://www.mayoclinichealthsystem.org/>