[Histonet] Thanks!

Reuel Cornelia Reuel.Cornelia <@t> tsrh.org
Wed Sep 28 12:06:59 CDT 2011

This was a good discussion and a some little rough comment  but we learn from it. I have read all the feedback on xylene and its substitute and it  gives us a lesson to become more better histotechs. Just this morning one of our administrator passed by near our processor while my co worker has just opened the processor retort for cleaning and smelled xylene in the air. He stopped and asked us why he was not using a mask while doing that. I replied that was only a minimal amount of xylene in the retort that was left after the cleaning cycle and he said well I just want to make sure of your safety. When we are so used of the smell sometimes we do not think of our Safety and this discussion taught us again to think first of our own Safety whether you are sensitive or not to xylene or any chemical.
To shelly, I wish your employee the best and all success in the field of histology.

Reuel Cornelia, BS MT, AMT
Cellular Pathology
Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children
2222 Welborn Street
Dallas, TX 75219
Tel: 214-559-7766
fax: 214-559-7768

>>> "D'Attilio, Shelley" <SDattili <@t> stormontvail.org> 9/28/2011 11:16 AM >>>
Hi all,
I wanted to thank all of you who responded to my question about my xylene-sensitive employee and purchase of an air filter system.  I got tons of terrific information and enjoyed the discussion about xylene substitutes.  Those who responded gave me a lot to think about and raised some questions for me to have answered.

It's wonderful to have access to all of you experts on the listserv!  Thank you for your generosity.

Regards,

Shelley D'Attilio MT(ASCP)
Manager, Chemistry, Cytology and Histology
Dept. of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Stormont-Vail HealthCare
Topeka, Kansas

NEED A DOCTOR?  Stormont-Vail's Health Connections can help you find a doctor accepting new patients.  Call (785) 354-5225.

The information transmitted in this e-mail and in any replies and forwards are for the sole use of the above individual(s) or entities and may contain proprietary, privileged and/or highly confidential information.  Any unauthorized dissemination, review, distribution or copying of these communications is strictly prohibited.  If this e-mail has been transmitted to you in error, please notify and return the original message to the sender immediately at the above listed address.  Thank you for your cooperation.