[Histonet] Special Stain / IHC billing - per specimen vs per block

Laurie Colbert laurie.colbert <@t> huntingtonhospital.com
Tue Sep 13 11:38:53 CDT 2011

Last October, there was a discussion about being able to bill specials
and Immunos (CPT codes 8312, 88313, 88342, 88360, 88361) per block and
not per specimen.  There was a paragraph explaining the change and the
source cited was "CMS /NCCI Updated October 1, 2009."  My manager and I
would like to see the exact source so that we can read the full text.
Does anyone know where we can find the source?

Joyce Weems - you may have further info.  Can you help me??

Thanks,

Laurie Colbert