[Histonet] Re: TEM using "difficult" tissue

Johnson, Teri TJJ <@t> stowers.org
Tue Sep 13 12:16:23 CDT 2011

Daphne,

While I can appreciate wanting to try something just to see if it might be helpful, I really fail to see any benefit from trying to look at ultrastructure of tissues that have been fixed and stored in this way. The ultrastructure will be compromised, and it will be difficult to get any useful information from fixation or storage artifact in the tissues. You would need to validate your findings on freshly, properly fixed materials anyway, so why not just start with the best possible chance for success and use the right stuff right off the bat?

Good luck no matter which way you decide to proceed.

Teri Johnson
Stowers Institute for Medical Research
Kansas City, MO