[Histonet] immunohistochemistry: manual staining

John Shelley jshelley <@t> sanfordburnham.org
Tue Sep 13 08:05:45 CDT 2011

I love to use the Thermo Shandon Sequenza system. You touch the slides one time as you place a cover-plate on them and then you just add your reagents at the top and let gravity and capillary effect do its job. If you would like more information just contact me directly. Thanks!!!

Kind Regards!

John J Shelley
Senior Research Associate, Histology Core Facility
Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute at Lake Nona

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Prof. dr. Wim Van den Broeck
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:09 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] immunohistochemistry: manual staining

Dear Colleagues,

We do a lot of immunohistochemical stainings (research, no diagnostics), but
unfortunately, we cannot afford an automated stainer. At the moment, we do
everything manually (washing, incubating, ....) but I would like to make
things run more smoothly. So my question is, is there any device or systems
that can be helpful during manual IHC stainings ?

Thanks in advance for your comments / suggestions.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Prof. dr. Wim Van den Broeck, DVM, MSc, PhD
Cell biology and Histology
Department of Morphology - Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Ghent University
Salisburylaan 133, B-9820 Merelbeke, BELGIUM
wim.vandenbroeck <@t> UGent.be - tel.: +32 9 264 77 16 - fax: +32 9 264 77 90

E-maildisclaimer